- Use of the Brigade Sports Complex
- Shop at the Midshipmen Store
- Shop at the Navy Exchange
- Potential membership eligibility at the Naval Academy Club
- Use of MWR facilities
- Eligible to join Navy Federal Credit Union
- Eligible for childcare with CDC & NAPS
- Use of Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Disabled Veteran’s Leave (Available for Qualifying Employees)
How To Apply for Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) Employment with the U.S. Naval Academy
To apply for a U.S. Naval Academy NAF position, please click Apply Here.
An online application must be completed and submitted for each position for which the applicant would like to be considered.
To complete the online application, please click on the corresponding vacancy announcement link listed below to obtain the following information for the position for which you are applying:
- Job Title
- Announcement Number
- KSAs (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and any other pertinent forms to the online application.
Naval Academy Business Services Division is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage you to apply for any position for which you qualify. Anyone may apply – By law, employment at most U.S. Government agencies, including the Naval Academy Business Services Division (NABSD), is limited to U.S. citizens. However, non-citizens may be hired, provided that other legal requirements are met and NABSD determines there are no qualified U.S. citizens available for the position. Non-citizens may not be eligible for all NAF positions.
To be eligible for Federal Employment, males born after December 31, 1959, must be registered for Selective Service.
A certificate of Medical Examination (OF 178) is required to work some NABSD positions.
Our Naval Academy Business Services Division Employment page will be updated weekly. Check frequently for updates to become part of our team!
** Internal Vacancy – Open to current NABSD employees only.
|Announcement Number||Position||Opening Date||Closing Date (Noon)||Status|
|23-100||Summer Programs Admin Assistant (Temp Flex)||06 Nov, 2023||21 Nov, 2023||CLOSED|
|23-102||Event Staff (Bartender) (FT)||16 Nov, 2023||21 Nov, 2023||CLOSED|
|23-103||Laundry Machine Operator (FT)||16 Nov, 2023||30 Nov, 2023||CLOSED|
|23-104||Summer Programs Scholarship & Travel Coordinator (Flex)||21 Nov, 2023||05 Dec, 2023||OPEN|
|23-105||Accounting Officer (FT)||17 Nov, 2023||08 Dec, 2022||OPEN|
EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCES: No preference is given unless requested & documented. Acceptance or declination of a regular position ends the ability to claim preference for spouse or Involuntarily Separated (IVS) applicants. To claim a preference, you must attach the following documents with your employment application and request form:
- MILITARY SPOUSE: Most current military member’s PCS orders and write SPOUSAL PREFERENCE on the front page of the application. (get form from the link below)
- DISABLED VETERAN: Page four (4) of the DD-214 and write “VA” on the front page of the application.
- VETERAN: Page four (4) of the DD-214.
- INVOLUNTARILY SEPARATED MILITARY MEMBERS & DEPENDENTS: Page four (4) of the DD-214 or copy of DD-1173 and write “IVS” on front page of the application. IVS PREFERENCE IS APPROVED ONLY IF DISCHARGE/REENTRY CODE MATCHES ELIGIBILITY LIST.
- GOLD STAR PARENTS / SPOUSE: (Parents and widow or widower of service member who died on active duty): SF 15 — DD1300 vice DD214
Guaranteed 35-40 hours of work per week. Regular full-time employees earn sick leave and annual leave and are eligible to participate in retirement, 401K savings, life insurance, disability insurance program, and medical and dental plans.
Guaranteed 20-34 hours of work per week. Regular part-time employees earn sick leave and annual leave and are eligible to participate in retirement, 401K savings, life insurance, and medical and dental plans.
Those who serve in either continuing or temporary positions from 0 up to 40 hours per week (Hours are not guaranteed). Flexible employees are not eligible to participate in the benefits program, nor are they entitled to earn sick and annual leave.
NABSD offers benefits to full-time and part-time employees!
Naval Academy Moral, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) also has non-appropriated fund positions. Review available employment openings and learn how to apply.