The mission of U.S. Naval Academy Textbooks is to provide all midshipmen with the textbooks and academic items requested by the academic departments, in addition to distributing approved leadership books to plebes. It is the goal of USNA Textbooks to provide these educational items on a timely basis and to secure the best price possible.
Midshipmen only are authorized to make purchases during the book issue period. Staff and faculty are notified via email when they are authorized to make purchases.
The following outlines the USNA Textbook Issue Return Policies (Textbooks, Software and Other Items)
- Return policy for items purchased for Non Core Courses
- RETURNABLE ITEMS may be returned within 5 working days from the date of purchase or first day of class
- NON-RETURNABLE ITEMS are so indicated by a “Not Returnable” sticker on the shelf tag
- RETURNED ITEMS must be accompanied by the cash register receipt
- RETURNED ITEMS must have all original stickers attached
- NEW ITEMS must be in new condition when returned, as determined by textbook personnel
- USED TEXTBOOKS must be in sale-able condition when returned, as determined by textbook personnel
- DEFECTIVE ITEMS must be exchanged within 5 working days from date of purchase or the first day of class.
- SHRINK WRAPPED ITEMS cannot be returned if the package has been opened
- SPECIAL ORDERED ITEMS must be prepaid and cannot be returned
- Items Purchased for core courses are not returnable, except when an academic department has sent in a request to cancel an item or when students have schedule changes by the add a course deadline.
- Plebe box issue books are not returnable