The mission of the Brigade Sports Complex is to operate a first-class sports facility in support of the Brigade of Midshipmen, the Midshipmen sports teams that use the facility, and authorized patrons using the facility and participating in program offerings.
The Brigade Sports Complex is located across the Severn River on Greenbury Point and is adjacent to the Naval Academy Golf Course. It is home to Navy Tennis, Ice Hockey, Golf and Rugby. The Tose Tennis Center features six indoor and six outdoor tennis courts. The McMullen Arena, an Olympic size ice sheet, is open to the community and offers public skating sessions and a Learn to Skate program. The Rankin Golf Center includes an indoor practice facility and the golf pro shop. The fitness center, training room, team meeting room, staff and coach offices and locker rooms round out the facility.
Authorized Patrons & Guests/Non Authorized Patrons
- Active duty military (all branches) and Reservists
- Retired military
- Department of Defense civilians and retired DoD civilians
- USNA DoD faculty and staff
- Surviving spouses and dependents (with ID) of above
- Guests of the above
- Employees of the Naval Academy Athletic Association and the Naval Academy Alumni Association and Foundation and their families
Current members of the Brigade of Midshipmen have unlimited guest privileges. Guest policy limited to 3 guests for each authorized patron for tennis, fitness, and program offerings.
Everyone must check in at the main lobby front desk and show proper identification before using any facilities at the Brigade Sports Complex.
Civilian Access is allowed without an Authorized Patron for the Tose Family Tennis Center and for the John McMullen Hockey Arena. Fitness Center is for Authorized patrons only.
Brigade Sports Complex Hours of Operation
|May 3 – Aug 22||Monday – Friday||5:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.|
|Saturday & Sunday||7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Aug 23 – May 2
||Monday – Friday||5:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||7:00 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.|
|Sunday||7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.|
2015 Holiday Hours
- Monday May 25 – CLOSED (Memorial)
- Friday July 3 – 730am-1pm
- Saturday July 4 – CLOSED (Independence Day)
- Monday Sept 7 – CLOSED (Labor Day)
- Monday Oct 12 – 730am-930pm (Columbus Day)
- Wednesday Nov 11 – 730am-930pm (Veterans Day)
- Thursday Nov 26 – CLOSED (Thanksgiving)
- Thursday Dec 24 – 730am-1pm
- Friday Dec 25 – CLOSED (Christmas)
- Thursday Dec 31 – 730am-1pm
- Friday Jan 1 – 730am-1pm
- Monday Jan 18 – 730am-930pm (MLK)
- Monday Feb 15 – 730am-930pm (Presidents)