Visitor Center, Gift Shop, and Public Tours
Out of concern due to the Coronavirus, the Naval Academy Business Services Division has temporarily closed the Naval Academy Visitor’s Center (which includes the Gift Shop) and discontinued our public tours. Pre-scheduled private group tours are currently cancelled. Lastly, groups that choose to cancel tours will be refunded without penalty though we are able to reschedule your tours for the future if you would prefer. We are sincerely thankful to all of our patrons and we look forward to serving you in the near future.
Welcome Aboard the Yard!
- Visitors to the Naval Academy must enter through the Visitor Access Center at Gate 1, Randall St. and Prince George St. Pedestrian entrances to Gate 1 can be found on Randall Street (between Prince George and King George Streets) and on Prince George Street at Craig Street. Both entrances are just a block from the Annapolis City Dock.
- Everyone 18 and older must have a U.S. government-issued photo ID or current passport.
- Only vehicles with USNA IDs, DoD credentials, or handicapped tags may enter Naval Academy grounds. General visitors with governmet-issued disability parking placard license plates or placards may be granted vehicle access at Gate 1 and Gate 8 during general visiting hours. The photo identification will be compared to the parking certification card that was issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles along with the issued disability parking placard.
- Street parking in downtown Annapolis is two hours only. We suggest parking in the Noah Hillman Garage, 150 Gorman Street, a short walk to Gate 1 of the Naval Academy. Click here for more information.
- The Armel-Leftwich Visitor Center may be accessed by turning right immediately after exiting the Visitor Access Center. Follow the signs.
- Picnicking is not allowed on the grounds of the Academy, but visitors may eat in the Drydock Restaurant in Dahlgren Hall and The Alley Restaurant at the Naval Academy Club, which is open for lunch.
- The Naval Academy Club is open to the public for lunch, weekdays from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.. Buffet lunch in the Alley is always a treat.
- Click here for information about Accessibility.
- Only Service Animals are allowed in the Visitor Center, USNA buildings, on tours, and ceremonial areas.
- Check out and “Like” the Facebook pages for the USNA Visitor Center and Naval Academy Museum, and comment on Trip Advisor
- Please be mindful of the Ceremonial Areas, particularly in front of Bancroft Hall. They are clearly marked with signs. Do not jog, cycle or walk your pets in the Ceremonial Areas.
- There are many musical and theatrical events on the Yard. Check the USNA Music Department’s schedule
Candidate and Admissions Information:
- Visit the Admissions page for candidate information.
- Athletic schedules and information are available online at NavySports.
- USNA’s religious services are open to the public.
- NavyOnLine.com supports the Brigade of Midshipmen.
For information on attractions, restaurants and events in and around Annapolis, please see the Visit Annapolis website.
Four Rivers Heritage Area:
For local information on other historic, cultural and natural resources in the Annapolis area, visit the Four Rivers Heritage Area website.
100% For the Brigade: Our Goods Do Good
100% of proceeds from USNA Tours, the Visitor Center Gift Shop, 1845 Coffee, The Alley Restaurant, and the Drydock Restaurant support the Brigade of Midshipmen.